More details from the #TheWadeUnion including who was in attendance, and what the guests were asked to wear…
Continuing with our wedding talk….there may be a few more details regarding the #TheWadeUnion that we know you’re dying to know….First things first, I love how Gabby & Dwyane went the nontraditional route, and asked for female guests attending the wedding to please wear white, while male guests were asked to wear black tuxes. This created the perfect atmosphere for their polished black & white wedding theme.
Pop of red anyone? There of course was no shortage of A-listers attending the event including Kevin Hart & his fiancée Eniko, Chris Bosh & wife Adrienne, LaLa Anthony & her husband Carmelo Anthony, newly married NBA players Quentin Richardson & Dorell Wright with their wives Miya & Mia, & Ludacris and girlfriend Eudoxie just to name a few……
There’s also been quite a few details surrounding the lavish wedding ceremony which was held at Chateau Artisan Miami, a castle that sits on 14 acres amid a private lake and royal gardens. More details from the wedding according to gossipextra include the following:
– The theme: Old Florida juke joint — and the decor has plenty of Heat references and even live chicken!
The exchange of vows will be performed on one of two gazebos that jut out into the water, with John Legend on the piano:
– The chairs for the well-wishers are set up near the house on the main island. They are described as “ghost chairs,” transparent so as not to detract from the castle in the background
– Each chair will have a set of opera glasses for more comfortable watching since the ceremony will be relatively far from the guests
– The ceremony will be officiated by actress Essence Atkins, Union’s bestest BFF
– Guests will be provided with flip-flops and shoe covers to navigate the grass
Dinner is in a giant tent with a large chandelier in the middle:
– Four 72-inch TVs throughout the tent
– There are 18 tables of 10 to 12 people, 200 napkins with the lovebirds’ initials on them
– The chairs are custom-made and covered with black crocodile skin
– The special chairs for bride and groom look like thrones
– There’ll be a candles ceremony during dinner. The guests will be given a candle to light and will wish the newlyweds well. A choir will emerge and gather a group of guests in front of the house and walk down the driveway then pick up the group emerging from the dining tent.
Together, they all will enter a movie set-style juke joint as the choir will perform a last song on the main stage.
By the way, the main stage is 16 feet by 24 feet and will be covered in burlap and shielded with aged velvet curtains — with fringe. The front edge is lined with wooden fruit crates to create a stage skirt.
The stage will have stained wood on the platform base and the sides will also be clad in wood. They will resemble large porches with lanterns and sconces. Aged pallet-style corrugated metal walls will be installed behind the two entrances on the stage.
Beside the stage, the juke joint also has themed bars, like the Battier Bar as in Shane Battier and a moonshine bar with crates of live chickens.
Outside, there’s a specialty drink bar in a shack named The Voodoo Backwoods Shack, and it comes complete with a real voodoo queen.
Some signs that decorate the juke joint area: Bar Melo, as in Carmelo Anthony; Bosh’s Brewery for Chris Bosh and Ray’s Retirement Home after Ray Allen.
Another sign: Cleveland, this Way! Of course, that refers to LeBron’s return to the Cleveland Cavaliers.
For the late snacks, the juke joint will be set up with a buffet with market style booths for waffles, cupcakes and cookies.
The food will be on long wood palettes suspended from the ceiling. When the time comes to serve, the palettes will lowered by electrical engines.
Sounds like the pair had some wedding. Enjoy more pics from the affair…..
I say it once and I’ll say it again, Gabrielle Union just had my dream wedding! That is all….